Monday, June 23, 2008

Picky Eater

Mealtimes are so difficult in our house. The twins throw food around which is frustrating but we are slowly getting a handle on it. More frustrating is Aidan the picky eater. It's hard for me to complain because I too am an extremely picky eater. Now I have a better understanding of what I put my parents through. He is on this white food diet, bread, cheese, noodles, and he's added a few other things however they aren't so healthy, hotdogs, pizza, beef, chicken nuggets. He refuses to eat veggies and most fruits. I don't like to force him to eat anything, being a pocky eater myself, I understand how awful it is to be forced to try somthing. I try to explain to him that he can spit anything out he doesn't like but to please just take one bite before he decides he doesn't like it. This is coming from someone who has never eaten a strawberry, peach, tomatoe and many, many other things. Of course he refuses that one bite. Here's what even more difficult is that daddy and mommy do not agree on this issue. Daddy will take a hard stance and tell him he can't leave the table until he tries whatever it might be that's on his plate. Of course I don't agree with this techique and I fear it's going to give him food issues or being as stuborn as Aidan is that he's going to dig his heels in even more. I would rather take the softer approach and wait for him to come around. I don't know what the right answer is but what I do know is, one of the biggest challenges in parenting is when mommy and daddy don't agree on somthing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online