Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Why I Blog

I really love it that my friends and family read my blog. There is something really endearing, knowing that the people close to you, care enough about you, to read what you blog. But, I have to admit my real driving force to blog is my kids. Because I lost my mom at a young age, I have memories and a good idea of who she was, but I truly miss the details about her; what made her laugh? what events did she enjoy? what were her thoughts? I have my memories of certain family events but I would have loved to know what her memories of those events were. I also remember, my mother was an incredible crafter (you name it, she sewed, painted, knit, crocheted etc.)and a fabulous cook, she also loved to bake...but what did she like most? Was it cooking dinners for friends, baking birthday cakes, or knitting winter scarves. I don't know, those are the details I miss. It's for that reason, I blog about the things I enjoy making, the foods I love cooking, some of the thoughts I have about parenting, and the simple family pleasures we have, because I want my kids to have every detail, to be able to have their toddler years chronicled for them and as they get older, to be able to compare their memories of events to my interpretation of the same event. Life often has unexpected occurrences, so I don't want to take it for granted that I will be here to grow old and be able to share my memories with them....so for now I blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online