Friday, May 1, 2009

A Hard Question

Aidan just asked me a really difficult question, "Why do people die?" I've heard about the questions kids his age start to ask and I even have a fun fact filled book, How Come Planet Earth, to answer some of these questions but this one sure took me by surprise. I think I really fumbled through this one. I tried to tell him that people die for all sorts of reason, old age, illness, and bad accidents. Then he asked (since he's home recovering from pneumonia)"am I going to die?" I made sure to really reassure him that no he was not going to die, people who die from illness are really, really sick. Hopefully I didn't harm his psyche with that one. The poor kid, I think he's more confused now than before my explanation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online