Tuesday, September 8, 2009

First PTA

I attended my first PTA meeting and let me tell you I found it a bit daunting. I think it's fantastic that they raise so much money for the school and the kids enrichment programs. With out this, our kids wouldn't have the gardening, PE, music and art classes and the playground wouldn't be as fresh and rejuvenated as it is right now. In order to do this though, they have lots of events, fundraisers, and need for volunteers...I mean lots! Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to being active in Aidan's school, I've signed up to be a room parent, I've signed up to bring snacks for the third week of September, and have signed up to chaperon their first field trip. I'm just saying, it's just the beginning, we're just into our second week of school. Phew! I'm realizing, the ball just started rolling and I've got to get psyched to keep that ball rolling...commitment and involvement is what it takes to make a school great and I sure want Aidan's school to be all it can be. So, PTA here I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online