Friday, July 4, 2008

The Boys First 4th of July Parade




This is the first 4th of July parade we've taken the boys to, and if I'm correct, I think it's the first parade we've ever taken them to. We had front row seatings, our friends who lived walking distance had arrived early to set up lawn chairs for all of us. I have to say that was pretty nice.

The boys all really enjoyed themselves, especially Aidan. Aidan had a great time hanging out with his buddies from preschool. I brought little flags for them to wave during the parade. Aidan and his friends were quite a little group, playing and dancing on the sidelines, they were hard to miss. They sure caught the paraders attention resulting in tons of candy tossed to them. They had so much fun running into the street after the candy and other goodies they were given. One thing about Aidan is that he's really into music so when this float came by that had a band on it playing some 70's funk song, it really got his attention. He stopped all his goofing around and just watch intently as they performed, rolling by. I can't remember the name of the group it was somthing?? Shack. But,anyways they were pretty good and I'm sure Aidan thought so too. Miles had fun running in toward the parade and back towards daddy. He did this over and over, getting a good laugh about it every time. Liam sat on my lap the whole time, very mellow, taking it all in. He was quite absorbed in it all, very unusual for Liam.

I have to say, I'm not usually a parade kind of person but this was a really nice family event followed by a nice family barbeque with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online