Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A Review of Birthdays

Aidan's 5th birthday is coming up and he's going to be celebrating it with a train party. Still not sure what activities we'll be having other than the jumpy house. I decided I wasn't going to make his cake this year, I just couldn't pull it off. So after a thorough search, the only train cake I could find was Thomas Train. I had been trying to stay away from a Thomas party and just have it be a classic train party but I caved in on the Thomas Train cake. Oh well, although I may not be, Aidan will be thrilled. In my quest to find activities for the party, I started to review his past birthdays..

Aidan's 1st birthday party , he had a drum cake because he was always drumming on everything and I made a sign to compare his newborn to 1 yr old photo.



2 yrs old - party at the Little Farm, kids got to feed the animals, followed by an Elmo pinata, bubble play, and cupcakes. After the Elmo pinata, I never bought another character pinata again. There was something not right about watching the kids beat the pulp out of Elmo. I remember thinking "what message are we sending here?"




3 yrs old - we had a party at one of his favorite parks. It was a morning brunch party, bagels and OJ, coffee for the adults. The twins weren't quite a year old. As you can probably imagine, I surly did not have it in me to plan a big theme party (which I think starts around this age). I was barely keeping afloat caring for infant twin boys and a toddler. So the party was a free for all play at the park, followed by a cupcake tower of confetti cupcakes


4 yrs old - a travel back in time to the age of dinosaurs. We made a dinosaur sign to let everyone know where the party was. Aidan wore a dinosaur t-shirt. There were lots of activities, including having your photo taken as a dinosaur, making Dino masks and necklaces with dinosaur beads and a good ol' game of pin the horn on the triceratops. The day ended with yummy dinosaur cupcakes.







So now here I am 3 days before his 5th birthday party with no idea how I'm going to entertain 10+ kids. 2 hours of jumpy house?? I don't think so. Well, keep posted to see what I come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online