Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A Lesson In Helping Others


A friend of ours was recently released from the hospital after a terrible case of pneumonia. To demonstrate our support and caring I delivered a meal to their home today. I took over turkey meatball soup, something I thought kids and adults would enjoy equally. I explained to the boys why I did this, that "Mommy had delivered dinner to their friends home in order to demonstrate caring for their family in time of need" Miles and Liam understood that their friends daddy was sick and that I had taken food over but I'm not sure they really got the connection. Aidan on the other hand truly got it. He demonstrated understanding by giving other examples of when we would help out, whether it would be with a meal, watching friends or giving a ride to someone. It really touches me that my kids are learning the act of caring and helping others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online