Friday, April 30, 2010

Friday Food: Fish Delish


It's been quite some time since we've eaten fish. I'd been having a hankering for some too. So, I bought a nice big halibut fillet for tonight's dinner. Max and I prepared dinner together, something we enjoy doing but don't get a chance to do very often. We cracked open a tasty bottle of sake, toasted to good times and got to work. Max made a scrumptious side of soba noodles with a "Max Concoction Sauce", can't really tell you exactly what went into it....it was a combo of soy sauce, mirin, sesame seed oil and lemon.

I made this Roasted Halibut with Walnut Crust that was absolutely heavenly. I found the recipe over at epicurious.com one of my favorite online recipe sights. If you're ever at a loss for what to cook, this is a great sight to check out. You can type in your main ingredient and a great deal of recipes will magically appear for your picking. Most of the recipes are rated by users along with reviews of the recipe and more often than not, there will be a photo of the dish as well (something I always enjoy, I like to see what it's suppose to look like). This recipe definitely deserved the 4 fork rating, it was simple, quick and delish! If you're having a hankering for fish as I was, this is a good one...enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online