Thursday, April 22, 2010

Artful Thursday: Some Earth Day Goodness



A little earth day fun today for Artful Thursday. With Mother's day around the corner, I made a small gift using recycled/ repurposed goods. This set of note cards came together with just a few things I dug up out of my stash. I must add, it feels good to use some of those things I've been hoarding hanging on to. This is what I started with, some small scraps of vintage fabrics that I'd been treasuring (I love old fabric) but unsure what I was going to do with. Some of these pieces were from old flour sack and a few pieces selvaged from old aprons. I also had a few stray vintage buttons, some vintage organza ribbon, cardstock and some white blank cards and envelopes.








With some pinking shears and spray adhesive, I cut squares of fabrics, matted them with a coordinating cardstock, then attached them to a blank note card. I attached a vintage button laced with organza ribbon using a glue dot and there you have it a set of 4 little note cards, perfect for a thank you, a thinking of you, or just a little hello.

Some other things I did today to honor earth day, I cleaned out our medicine cabinet and took the old medications to a medication disposal site. I found one at Pharmaca (BTW love this pharmacy). Doing my part in keeping our meds out of our groundwater, streams etc. Here's a place where you can read about proper med disposal.
The other thing I did today was purchase a reusable water bottle. I had returned my old water bottle (SIGG) when I found out it was lined with BPA and had not replaced it yet. Just a few small steps to living green.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online