Saturday, May 1, 2010

Urban Meets Aggie



Today we went to visit Auntie, Uncle and the cousins. Although they don't live that far(about 1 hour and 45 minute drive) I can't remember the last time we went to visit. With 3 young kids, it's been much easier to have them visit us instead. Well, we decided it was time for our turn to make the drive...we left our urban living, and after about little more than an hour on the road we approached fields of agriculture, tractors, cows, horses, you get the picture, right? Country living. The boys started to ohhhh and awww, shreaks came from the back of the van "look at all the cows!, Look! Look! a tractor! a horse!" I was pleased that the boys were enjoying the scenery and a little disturbed too. Farm living was my childhood, clearly it's not my kids world. Although, we go to the Little Farm often and visit our redwood parks, this may help get my kids in touch with nature, but not in touch with country living. I'm not sure why I just took it for granted, reading all those kids farm books, and singing Old MacDonald was not doing the trick to teach my kids understand what farming life is about.




We also made a visit to San Juan Bautista Mission, had dinner at a local Mexican restaurant that's been around since I was a kid. Another fun place to teach the kids about California history.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online