Friday, June 5, 2009

Growing Up






Today was Aidan's preschool graduation. The preschoolers entered the ceremony to "Pomp and Circumstance March" in their small cap and gowns. It was the sweetest sight, it brought tears to my eyes. They sang songs, and did a sound off, played harmonicas, and past off their batons to the incoming Giraffe class. They were handed a diploma, with a gift (photo album with photos of them throughout the year, and a kindergarten storybook), presented the teachers with their gifts (the memory books) and ended with a cake celebration. It was all so formal and adult like, I was pleasantly surprised. Aidan was happy to have not only us there, but his Grandma & Grandpa and little brothers too. I over heard him telling his friend " my little brothers are here, and my Grandma and Grandpa too!"



Aidan was showered with gifts, Rheneas (Thomas Train character), new bridge for his train table, Thomas shirt, red crocs and dinner at one of his favorite places, Elephant Bar. I'm sure he thought it was a great day. And for me it was bitter sweet, a reminder of just how fast my baby boy is growing up. I often have to remind myself that he's not a toddler anymore, he truly is a little boy now. So hard to believe that in just a few month he will be starting kindergarten.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online