Monday, June 1, 2009

Boys Will be Boys


I'm constantly on the boys..."don't jump on the couch, no running in the house, careful with the coffee table, don't throw the toys etc. etc. etc." It doesn't matter they still seem to get hurt. Aidan was running and diving on the couch despite me telling him to stop this. I'm not sure how he managed this but on that last dive he managed to chomp down on his lip. First the scream, then the mess. As mommy, I came to the rescue with my first aid, including big hugs while he was crying but what I really wanted to do was scold him with an " I told you, you were going to get hurt" But I knew, at that moment he needed his mommy to comfort him not scold him. The hardest part for me is not being able to protect them at all times, as hard as we try, someone always gets hurt. Boys will be boys.

By the a way, the scratch down the face was today's battle wound from school. Still not quite sure how it happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online