Friday, July 9, 2010

Friday Food: Pushing That Comfort Zone


After a long week, and the monotony of the easy go to meals that I can almost prepare with my eyes closed, I thought it would be nice to end the week with something different. With that thought in mind, I decided on scallops something I haven't cooked in a while. I'll have to admit, it always stresses me out to cook them because there is such a small window of time between cooked just right and overcooked. If you miss it, you end up with rubber which is always disappointing. Messing up a meal is one of those things that leaves me feeling pretty bummed out. Today I was feeling adventurous and decided to take the risk. I made coriander crusted seared scallops and a Thai spiced new york strip steak served with a salad. I kept a watchful eye on those scallops and the steak for that matter because we sure do love a medium rare steak. It was all perfect, making for a very satisfying Friday night dinner.


So if you're in that cooking rut, try something new. Be adventurous and push your comfort zone a bit. You just might surprise yourself with how much fun you have doing it and the sense of contentment that comes with seeing your family enjoy a new meal you prepared is always a big plus too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online