Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I Can Be Anything and Change My Name Too!


I love it when separate moments in your day seem to fall in place so fitting to remind you that you're doing something right. I had one of those moments today. It went like this....today I went to the bookstore to buy Aidan his graduation gift. I can't believe he'll be graduating from kindergarten in just a few weeks. I really want to make this moment special for him. So as a gift I plan on giving him this book "I Can Be Anything" as a fun way to let him know he can make his place in this world, however he'd like it to be.

Then, just a bit later in the day (let me inform you that he knows nothing of the book I bought him earlier in the day), Aidan tells me he wants to change his name to Rico. Yes that's right Rico?? and he professed his desire of what he will do/be when his name is Rico. It went like this.



Aidan: "Mama, I want to change my name to Rico. And when I am Rico, and I am old enough to play baseball, I want my number to be 14. Yeah, 14 yrs old and baseball player number 14. Then when I am 16 and old enough to take driving lessons, I am going to be a race car driver and be number 25."

Me: Ok Aidan, you can be anything you want to be, as long as you give it your best effort.

Aidan: Yeah, Rico will do his best.

Me, thinking to myself: Aidan will too.


Yes, Aidan and I, are both thinking about his evolution and have both come to the conclusion that he can be anything he sets his mind and heart to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online