Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Mid-Autumn Festival, Celebrating the Moon


This past Saturday (I know I've been so busy I haven't blogged) we celebrated Mid-Autumn Moon Festival at home with some yummy moon cake that grandma got for the boys.






This is a celebration I've come to know as an adult and celebrate it now since it's part of our families cultural background. As a family, we are making an effort in teaching the kids about their mixed ethnicity and culture, this includes celebrations such as Mid-Autumn festival. To my pleasant surprise, Aidan's kindergarten class also learned about the Mid-Autumn Festival and moon cakes. I imagine only in the Bay Area does this happen or maybe the LA area too. I surely don't remember learning this in my farm town I grew up in. Cultural diversity is one of the many great things about living in California.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online