Monday, February 20, 2012

Food and Mood

This weekend I attended a cooking demo and lunch called "Eating the Right Food to Stay in a Good Mood" . I thought this might be something just worthwhile, and boy was I right. It was really quite informative and inspiring and the end results were delicious. Wish I had taken a photo of the fabulous lunch that was prepared, cilantro quinoa, radiant radicchio salad with an orange vinaigrette, kale chips, homemade hummus, and yabeba gomen seleta (Ethiopian cauliflower dish). For those of you who may not know, I am an extremely obnoxious picky eater so the fact that I enjoyed the meal speaks volumes. Beyond the lunch demo, I got to make my own mimita (Ethiopian spice mixture) and take it home for future use in the cutest little tin, ask lots of questions, and sit down and enjoy the company of 5 lovely women while enjoying a delicious meal. Thanks to Katya P Baxter, MBA, CNP that was the first step to improving my mood through eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online