Thursday, January 12, 2012

Are You Smarter Than a Preschooler


Last night's bedtime stories included this book , Looking Closely Through The Forest. We were having fun reading it. When I got to the page about Aspen Trees being deciduous trees, Miles interrupts me saying " I know what deciduous means" I smiled, mostly to myself thinking, let see what cute idea Miles comes up with as the definition for deciduous. To my shock, he says" It means when the leaves fall off trees like in the winter, that is a deciduous tree" My jaw dropped. How on earth does Miles know this. He goes on to tell me "I learned that in preschool a long time ago."

Miles is 5 and still in preschool and clearly his mind is taking it all in like a sponge. He often amazes me with statements like these. When you think your kids are not listening, they really are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online