Saturday, September 4, 2010

A Star Wars Celebration


I took Aidan to a Star Wars birthday party today and I have to say, despite the fact that I'm not a Star Wars fan (never even seen any of the movies) it was one of the best kids party I've been to (and I've been to lots). Mom had every detail covered, great craft activities, a variety of games, a home made pinata a "death star", the birthday boy's family wore costumes of which she had made half, sweet personalized party favors , but the real "ohhh awww moment" was when you laid your eyes on the most amazing R2D2 cake that of course she made herself. This cake was 12 layers of 3different flavors and legs made of rice krispy treats. I'm so glad Aidan's party was before and not after this one because it sure is a hard act to follow.

The best thing about this party though was that Aidan got to spend some time with a few of his new class/school mates and I got to meet some of the parents....a nice ice breaker to help both of us ease our way into his new school.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online