Thursday, December 3, 2009

A Visit From Abuelito


The boys Abuelito (my dad) is visiting for a week. Tomorrow will be his last day with us. I think the boys are going to miss him. We don't see him very often maybe 1 to 2 times a year so this has been a really special time for the boys. Abuelito has stayed in Aidan's room on his trundle, this has been a special treat for Aidan...like a long sleep over. Because Abuelito primarily speaks Spanish, the boys have had an opportunity to practice. I had a real kick out of Liam yesterday, as he sat on Abuelito's lap. I overheard him saying "me llamo Liam." then went on to just say some random things "la casa, arriba" and continue with counting in Spanish. It turns out he knows more than I realized. Each one has had their special moment with Abuelito, an exchange of words, some time on his lap, a story read together, a bedroom shared.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online