Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Aidan Enlightened

In the past week there must have been some new synapse connection in Aidan's brain that has enlightened him. He's been taking in his surroundings and thinking ....really thinking about it all. With that being said these are some of his most recent enlightened statements:

1. Me serving rotisserie chicken for dinner. Aidan tapping me on the shoulder and whispering in my ear " Mom, that chicken gave it's life for us" I was taken by surprise by this, then reassured him, yes it did and that's why we should make a point of not wasting it. It would be disrespectful to the chicken if we did. He solemnly nodded.

2. While driving down the freeway. Aidan asks " Mom, what's a kilometer?" I explained to him it was another method of measurement used to measure distance. Aidan responded " Yeah, math is all around us. Math is everywhere you look and everything you do." Me stunned again, responded with a mere " Yes, Aidan that's true"

3. Then there was the discussion about graffiti - while we were driving to an appointment Aidan asked " Mom why are some signs and walls marked up" I informed him that some people mark things to show they've been there, mark territory, etc. but that it was not OK and actually against the law. His response to this was " I get it (to why it's illegal), I like our home to look nice too"

This all coming from a 6 yr old just amazes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online